Down Under Visa Logo
How Can We Help?
You are here:

Can I apply for a Bridging Visa A?

No you may not. A BVA is issued automatically.

Can I apply for a bridging visa instead of applying for a partner visa?
How do we know if we are in a de facto relationship?


  1. Rean Fe

    Hi! I’m on SC 600 business stream, I am here in Australia now. My husband who is offshore has lodge a PR visa last November. I am his dependent. Am I eligible to apply for BVA?

    • Jeff Harvie

      Please read the article, Rean. You can’t independently apply for a BVA. You need to apply for a substantive visa, and when your current visa runs out you will be granted a BVA automatically.


Questions: Please search our BLOG menu or Visa Knowledge Base

Submit a Comment

NOTE: Please restrict your comments to what's written on this page.

PLEASE NOTE: You may comment on posts, and you may ask general questions about the visa topic. However requests for “how-to?” information on how to lodge visas or how to deal with specific problems will not be answered. Please engage the services of a professional Registered Migration Agent for actual assistance or advice. Thank you.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Questions about visa types we don’t handle, or about countries we don’t apply for visas from, will not be answered, Philippines to Australia visas for couples and families only.

Do you have suggestions for topics you would like to read an article about? Click HERE and we will see what we can do!


Table of Contents