Down Under Visa Logo
How Can We Help?
You are here:

Can we apply for the bridging visa first and the partner visa later?

There is no such thing as a stand-alone Bridging Visa A that you can apply for because you ran out of time or because you weren’t ready to apply for a partner visa.

Can we apply for an onshore Partner Visa with a de facto relationship?
Can we get a bridging visa with an onshore partner visa application?


  1. WILLIAM watson

    What I’m needing to know is wether I have to wait the 5 years as previously I paid for a partner visa 801/820 I think to get her pr. then shortly after seperated and withdrew myself as a my sponsor within a 6 month window would the fact that I paid and it went through instantly granted a bridging visa be classed as a granted visa.

    • Jeff Harvie

      A bridging visa keeps an applicant lawfully in Australia. It’s an in-between visa. If you withdrew your sponsorship and the application didn’t go through, it was not a granted visa.


Questions: Please search our BLOG menu or Visa Knowledge Base

Submit a Comment

NOTE: Please restrict your comments to what's written on this page.

PLEASE NOTE: You may comment on posts, and you may ask general questions about the visa topic. However requests for “how-to?” information on how to lodge visas or how to deal with specific problems will not be answered. Please engage the services of a professional Registered Migration Agent for actual assistance or advice. Thank you.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Questions about visa types we don’t handle, or about countries we don’t apply for visas from, will not be answered, Philippines to Australia visas for couples and families only.

Do you have suggestions for topics you would like to read an article about? Click HERE and we will see what we can do!


Table of Contents